Aug 17, 2014

Numberland

 I was very excited when I heard about Jason Padgett on NPR.  I was very moved by the whole interview and can't stop thinking about it.  Anyone interested in psychology and mathematics will enjoy this. I'm providing two interviews depending on how much time you may have:

Longer Interview

Shorter Interview

People have occasionally asked me what I have been up to since I don't play music publicly as much anymore.  I currently have my student teaching in special education left to complete this year, and then I will be getting my TAG endorsement.  I haven't been writing music myself lately, but I am certainly excited about connecting my time as a musician and guitar teacher with my studies in psychology and education.  It has been an exciting transition!  For the heading, I wasn't necessarily talking about this numberland, although this could help me with my teaching pursuits as well:)

A list of other books/videos/articles that are interesting:

Sensory Funnel

Game Theory

Positive Disintegration

Positive Disintegration and Education

Incognito Interview

Incognito

Net Neutrality

SYSTEMS/Anorexia and Autism

SYSTEMS Continuted

Daniel Tammet

TED Body Language

The Paradox of Choice

30 is not 20

Career?

Physiology and Performance

High Sensitivity

High Sensitivity, Giftedness, and Scotopic Sensitivity

TED Story

Another TED

There are thousands of other really informative TED Talks tailored to whatever interests you may have. They are great!






No comments:

Post a Comment