Dec 28, 2010

2010 Comments

Since returning to the Midwest in March, I have enjoyed many new gigs at places I've never played before; including the Art Haus, Monks Kafe, The Oak Center, The Toppling Goliath, McCafrey's Dolce Vita, The Optimo Cafe, Leo's Lounge, and The Bandit Co. Fair. I have also enjoyed continuing support from venues like the Haymarket, Ed's Bar, The Main Entrance, Del's Bar, The Horse Shoe, The Root Note, and Riverfest. This past summer I also enjoyed splitting shows with Nick Shattuck, Hyphon, TUGG, Brahman Shaman, and Alex Toast (Mouse Pocket) from the La Crosse area.  I kept a very busy schedule in 2010 playing and recording and I am excited to resume CD release shows for Sundial Tree in the Spring.

Looking ahead into 2011, I hope to expand my touring a little more and head up to Duluth and Northern Wisconsin, and also down to Iowa City and Cedar Falls. A jam session has started at the Chez Shack with the help of Tom and Rob. Jamming with them on jazz has been great and I hope to keep learning from them and jam with many others. Hopefully, my idea of a rotating band will come into shape as well this next year.

I have been listening to a lot of theatrical and playful music lately like Bjork, The Talking Heads, Curtis Mayfield, Queen, and David Bowie. I will soon be recording some songs I've been working on and approach them very differently - they are definitely songs that call for electric guitars, sonic effects. When this work is released as a CD, I will be releasing a book of poetry as well. This will be poetry and lyrics from the first 5 albums.  This project will be very rewarding and I look forward to releasing it in 2011 or 2012

Take care and thanks again for listening!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! It would be amazing to see you leave your comfort zone on the next record and do something more etherial and noisy and trashy for whatever reason. Ha! I adore you! Keep on rockin those shows! <3

    Jer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jer - I have a lot of ideas and hope to gain skills to let them out. Thanks for being who you are and always making me laugh.

    ReplyDelete